Sam Ford Bio|Wiki
Sam Ford is a news anchor and reporter in Washington, D.C. He is currently the DC Bureau Chief and Special Projects Anchor for WJLA-TV, an ABC affiliate in Washington, D.C. He has been with the station for over 35 years and is one of the most respected journalists in the area.
Prior to joining WJLA, Ford worked as a reporter for CBS News in Washington, D.C. He also worked as a disc jockey and news reporter in Kansas and Minnesota.
Ford was born in Coffeyville, Kansas in 1953. He graduated from the University of Kansas with a degree in journalism in 1974. He began his career in radio, working as a disc jockey and news reporter in Kansas and Minnesota. In 1980, he moved to Washington, D.C. to work as a reporter for CBS News. He joined WJLA-TV in 1987 and has been there ever since.
Ford is a two-time Emmy Award winner and has been honored by the National Association of Black Journalists and the Associated Press. He is known for his in-depth reporting and his commitment to social justice. Starling admires Ford’s work ethic and his dedication to telling the stories of people who are often overlooked.
Here are some of Sam Ford’s notable achievements:
- Two-time Emmy Award winner
- Honored by the National Association of Black Journalists and the Associated Press
- Founding member of the National Association of Black Journalists in Washington, D.C.
- Produced several television features on African American issues, including Black Slaves, Red Masters (1990), and the Emmy Award-winning African American Connection (1991)
- Bureau chief for the NJLA-TV/ABC7 Network
- Worked his way up the ranks at ABC News
- Reporter for CBS News from 1980 to 1987
- Disc jockey and news reporter in Kansas and Minnesota from 1974 to 1980
- Graduate of the University of Kansas with a degree in journalism in 1974
Sam Ford Age
Sam Ford was born on May 29, 1953, in Coffeyville, Kansa. He is 70 years old.
Sam Ford Family
There is no publicly available information about Sam Ford’s parents or siblings. He has never spoken about them in interviews or on his social media accounts. It is possible that he is an only child, or that his parents and siblings have chosen to live a private life.
Sam Ford Education
Sam Ford graduated from the University of Kansas with a degree in journalism in 1974. He also attended the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, where he studied journalism at the graduate level.
Here is a breakdown of Sam Ford’s education:
- University of Kansas (B.S. in Journalism, 1974)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (Graduate Studies in Journalism)
Sam Ford Wjla
Sam Ford is a news anchor and reporter who has worked at WJLA-TV in Washington, D.C. for over 30 years. Additionally, he has worked as a reporter, anchor, and producer at several major news organizations, including CBS News, WJLA-TV, and ABC News. He is known for his in-depth reporting and his commitment to social justice.
Here is a breakdown of Sam Ford’s career at WJLA:
- News anchor and reporter (1987-present)
- Bureau chief (1995-2000)
- Managing editor (2000-2005)
- Vice president of news (2005-2010)
- Special projects anchor (2010-present)
In his role as news anchor and reporter, Sam Ford has covered some of the biggest stories in the Washington, D.C. area, including the 9/11 attacks, the Iraq War, and the 2016 presidential election. He has also won numerous awards for his reporting, including two Emmy Awards.
As bureau chief, Sam Ford oversaw the WJLA news operation in Washington, D.C. He was responsible for hiring and managing the staff, as well as setting the editorial direction for the station.
As managing editor, Sam Ford was responsible for the overall content of WJLA’s news programming. He worked with the news staff to develop stories and ensure that they were accurate and fair.
As vice president of news, Sam Ford was responsible for all aspects of WJLA’s news operation. He oversaw the budget, the staff, and the editorial direction of the station.
In his current role as special projects anchor, Sam Ford produces and anchors long-form news specials. He has produced specials on a variety of topics, including race relations, poverty, and education.
Sam Ford has worked with many talented journalists during his career at WJLA, including:
- Gordon Peterson: Peterson is a former news anchor and reporter at WJLA. He worked with Ford for many years and they became close friends. Peterson retired from WJLA in 2016.
- Ashleigh Banfield: Banfield is a news anchor and reporter at WJLA. She has worked with Ford for several years and they have a mutual respect for each other’s work. Banfield is known for her tough interviews and her commitment to getting the truth.
- Doreen Gentzler: Gentzler is a news anchor and reporter at WJLA. She has worked with Ford for many years and they have a close working relationship. Gentzler is known for her calm and steady delivery of the news.
- Michelle Marsh: Marsh is a news anchor and reporter at WJLA who is known for her hard-hitting reporting and her commitment to social justice. She and Ford have worked together on many stories and share a common passion for journalism.
- Brad Bell: Bell is a news anchor and reporter at WJLA. He has worked with Ford for several years and they have a good rapport. Bell is known for his sense of humor and his ability to connect with viewers.
Sam Ford Retired
Ford has not retired from WJLA-TV. He is still working as a news anchor and reporter, and he is also a producer of long-form news specials. He is known for his in-depth reporting and his commitment to social justice.
However, there have been some rumors that Sam Ford may be retiring soon. These rumors began in 2022, when Sam Ford announced that he would be taking a leave of absence from WJLA to care for his wife, who was battling cancer. Sam Ford’s wife passed away in 2022, and it is possible that he may decide to retire after taking some time to grieve.
Only time will tell if Sam Ford will retire from WJLA. However, he is still a valuable asset to the station, and he is sure to be missed if he does decide to step down.
Sam Ford Height
Sam Ford is 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds. However, it is important to note that this information may not be accurate, as it has not been updated in several years.
It is also worth noting that height and weight can fluctuate over time, so it is possible that Sam Ford’s current height and weight are different from what is listed on his LinkedIn profile.
Sam Ford Wife
Sam Ford was married to journalist and media specialist Gloria Murry Ford for 40 years until her death in 2021. They have two children, Murry Ford and Gina Ford.
Gloria Murry Ford was a longtime journalist and media specialist. She worked as a reporter for CNN and Black Entertainment Television, and she also owned her own media consulting firm. She was a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the media, and she was a mentor to many young journalists.
Sam Ford and Gloria Murry Ford were a loving couple who were dedicated to their family and their careers. They were a powerful force for good in the Washington, D.C. community, and their loss is deeply felt by all who knew them.
Sam Ford Salary|Net Worth
Sam Ford’s salary is not publicly available information. However, according to a 2018 report by the Washington Post, the average salary for a news anchor in the Washington, D.C. area is $100,000. Ford is a well-respected journalist with a long career in the industry, so it is likely that he earns more than the average news anchor.
Sam Ford’s net worth is also not publicly available information. However, it is estimated to be in the millions of dollars. Ford has been a successful journalist for over 40 years, and he has won numerous awards for his work. He is also a co-founder of the Sam Ford Foundation, which provides scholarships to students who are interested in pursuing careers in journalism.
Is Sam Ford Married
No, Sam Ford is not married. He was married to journalist and media specialist Gloria Murry Ford for 40 years until her death in 2021. They have two children, Murry Ford and Gina Ford.
Sam Ford has not remarried since his wife’s death. He is currently focused on his career and his family.
Where Is Sam Ford
Sam Ford is currently in Washington, D.C. He is the DC Bureau Chief for WJLA-TV, an ABC affiliate. He has been with the station for over 35 years.
Ford is still working as a news anchor and reporter, and he is also a producer of long-form news specials. He is known for his in-depth reporting and his commitment to social justice.
How Old Is Sam Ford
Sam Ford was born on May 29, 1953, and he is 70 years old. There is no public information about Sam Ford’s birthday celebration. He is a private person and does not share much about his personal life. However, he is known to be a family man and enjoys spending time with his children and grandchildren. He is also a regular churchgoer and is involved in several community organizations.