Laura Harrier Bio|Wiki
Laura Harrier is an American actress and model. Harrier began modeling at the age of 17 after being discovered by a location scout. She moved to New York City to pursue her modeling career and was represented by agencies such as IMG Models and Wilhelmina Models.
Harrier made her film debut in 2013’s “One Life to Live,” and has since appeared in several films and television shows, including “Spider-Man: Homecoming” (2017), “BlacKkKlansman” (2018), “Hollywood” (2020), and “Candyman” (2021).
In addition to her acting work, Harrier is also a successful model. She has walked the runway for Chanel, Valentino, and Oscar de la Renta, and has appeared in campaigns for brands such as L’Oréal, Target, and American Eagle.
Harrier is known for her stylish sense of fashion and is often featured in fashion magazines and blogs. She is also a vocal advocate for social justice and equality.
Harrier is known for her stylish sense of fashion and is often featured in fashion magazines and blogs. She has been described as having a “classic with a twist” style.
Harrier is also a fan of vintage clothing and often mixes vintage pieces with contemporary looks. She has said that her style is inspired by several different sources, including her mother, old movies, and street style.
Harrier is a vocal advocate for social justice and equality. She has spoken out about issues such as police brutality, racism, and sexism.
Harrier is also a supporter of some charities, including the ACLU and the Black Lives Matter movement.
Laura Harrier Age
Laura Harrier was born Laura Ruth Harrier on March 28, 1990, in Chicago, Illinois. She is 33 years old. Her father is African-American and her mother is of Polish and Jewish descent. She is an American citizen and her birth sign is Aries.
Laura Harrier Parents
Laura Harrier comes from a supportive family with a mixed heritage. Harrier was born in Chicago, Illinois, and was raised in Evanston, Illinois. Harrier has said that her upbringing in a multicultural family has shaped her worldview and her work.
Her father, Temujin Harrier, is African-American, while her mother, Linda (née Sagan), is of Polish and English descent.
Laura also has a younger brother named William, with whom she shares a close bond. While they both value their privacy, glimpses into their sibling relationship reveal a playful rapport and mutual support. Laura has mentioned William’s artistic side, hinting at a shared passion for creative pursuits within the family.
Laura Harrier Education
Harrier attended Evanston Township High School, where she was involved in the theater program. She went on to study acting at the William Esper Studio in New York City.
- Evanston Township High School (2004-2008): Laura attended this public school in her hometown of Evanston, Illinois. She actively participated in drama classes and even received the “Best Dressed” title!
- William Esper Studio (2011-2015): After initially deferring enrollment at NYU’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study, Laura decided to pursue acting full-time. She enrolled in the prestigious William Esper Studio in New York City, a two-year program known for its rigorous training. This intensive program helped Laura hone her craft and prepare for her professional career.
- Modeling (2007-present): Discovered at the age of 17, Laura embarked on a successful modeling career. She’s graced the pages of Vogue, Glamour, and Elle, and collaborated with brands like Urban Outfitters and Macy’s. While she eventually shifted her focus to acting, modeling continues to be a passion and source of creative expression for her.
- Art Collecting: Laura has a deep appreciation for art, and collecting pieces by diverse artists is a personal passion. This interest in the visual arts likely influences her acting and overall creative approach.
Laura Harrier Movies And Tv Shows
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017): Harrier landed her breakout role as Liz Allan, Peter Parker’s love interest, in this Marvel Cinematic Universe film.
- BlacKkKlansman (2018): She starred alongside John David Washington and Adam Driver in Spike Lee’s powerful and timely film about an African-American undercover cop infiltrating the Ku Klux Klan.
- Hollywood (2020): Harrier portrayed Camille Washington, a young aspiring actress navigating the complexities of Hollywood’s Golden Age, in Ryan Murphy’s Netflix miniseries.
- White Men Can’t Jump (2023): She took on the role of Gloria, a talented basketball player, in the remake of this classic sports comedy.
- One Life to Live (1968-2013): Harrier made her acting debut in a guest appearance on this long-running soap opera.
- Unforgettable (2011-2016): She had recurring roles in two seasons of this crime drama, playing Amber, a young woman with a mysterious past.
- Calls (2021-): Harrier lent her voice to the Apple TV+ series, playing various characters in this unique audio-only thriller.
- Entergalactic (2022): She voiced Karina, the love interest of the protagonist, in this animated adult rom-com from Kid Cudi.
- Mike (2023-): Harrier portrays Robin, the wife of legendary boxer Mike Tyson, in this Hulu miniseries.
- Kygo & Tina Turner: What’s Love Got to Do with It (2023): Harrier starred in the music video for this collaboration between DJ Kygo and the iconic Tina Turner.
- The Starling (2021): She had a small role in this drama film starring Melissa McCarthy and Kevin Bacon.
Laura Harrier Model
Harrier began modeling at the age of 17, after being discovered by a location scout. She moved to New York City to pursue her modeling career and was represented by agencies such as IMG Models and Wilhelmina Models.
Harrier has walked the runway for Chanel, Valentino, and Oscar de la Renta, and has appeared in campaigns for brands such as L’Oréal, Target, and American Eagle.
Harrier made her film debut in 2013’s “One Life to Live.” She went on to appear in a number of films and television shows, including:
- “Spider-Man: Homecoming” (2017)
- “BlacKkKlansman” (2018)
- “Hollywood” (2020)
- “Candyman” (2021)
Harrier’s breakout role came in 2017, when she played Liz Allan in “Spider-Man: Homecoming.” She followed up that performance with a role in Spike Lee’s critically acclaimed film “BlacKkKlansman.”
In 2020, Harrier starred in the Netflix miniseries “Hollywood,” which chronicled the Golden Age of Hollywood from the perspective of an aspiring actress. She also had a role in the horror film “Candyman,” which was a sequel to the 1992 film of the same name.
Laura Harrier Hollywood
Laura Harrier shines in the Netflix miniseries “Hollywood,” created by Ryan Murphy. Set in the post-war era of Hollywood’s Golden Age, the show explores themes of ambition, discrimination, and the pursuit of dreams. Harrier portrays Camille Washington, a young aspiring actress determined to break into the industry despite facing racial barriers and a ruthless system.
Camille’s journey is both inspiring and heartbreaking. She faces numerous challenges, from microaggressions and typecasting to the devastating realities of Hollywood’s colorism. However, Camille’s determination and unwavering spirit make her a compelling protagonist. Harrier beautifully captures Camille’s vulnerability and strength, showcasing her range as an actress.
Her performance has garnered critical acclaim, with praise for her ability to portray the complexities of a Black woman navigating Hollywood in the 1940s. Harrier’s portrayal of Camille is both nuanced and powerful, reminding audiences of the struggles faced by many aspiring actors of color during that time.
Laura Harrier Spider Man
Laura Harrier’s portrayal of Liz Allan in “Spider-Man: Homecoming” marked a pivotal moment in her career, launching her onto the Hollywood scene and captivating audiences with her charm and talent.
Liz is more than just Peter Parker’s love interest; she’s a complex and layered character with her own aspirations and dreams. Harrier imbues Liz with intelligence, wit, and a strong sense of self, making her a formidable match for the young Spider-Man.
Laura Harrier Blackkklansman
Laura Harrier’s role as Patrice Dumas in Spike Lee’s critically acclaimed BlacKkKlansman (2018) was a breakout moment in her career. She delivered a powerful and nuanced performance that resonated with audiences and critics alike.
Harrier portrays Patrice, a confident and passionate college student who becomes romantically involved with Ron Stallworth (John David Washington), the Black undercover cop infiltrating the Ku Klux Klan. Patrice is a dedicated activist, advocating for Black power and fighting against injustice. Her character serves as a crucial counterpoint to Ron’s experience, offering a different perspective on the fight against racism.
Laura Harrier Entergalactic
Laura Harrier ventures into the world of animation with her voice role in the Netflix animated adult rom-com Entergalactic (2022), created by none other than rapper and actor Kid Cudi.
Harrier lends her voice to Karina, the love interest of the protagonist, Jabari, voiced by Kid Cudi himself. The story follows Jabari, a young artist navigating the complexities of love and commitment while dealing with his creative ambitions in New York City. Karina, a photographer with her own dreams and aspirations, becomes entangled with Jabari, and their journey forms the heart of the film.
Laura Harrier Corpse Bride
Laura Harrier hasn’t been involved in any official adaptation of Tim Burton’s “Corpse Bride” as of December 2023. While there have been fan castings suggesting her for the role of Emily, the Corpse Bride, there haven’t been any official announcements about a live-action remake or any other project featuring Harrier in that universe.
In the meantime, you can enjoy Laura Harrier’s work in other films and TV shows, such as “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” “BlacKkKlansman,” “Hollywood,” and “Entergalactic.” She continues to impress audiences with her versatility and talent, and I’m sure she has many more exciting roles in her future
Laura Harrier Marvel
Laura Harrier’s foray into the Marvel Cinematic Universe was brief but impactful. In 2017’s Spider-Man: Homecoming, she captivated audiences as Liz Allan, the charming and intelligent classmate who captured Peter Parker’s (Tom Holland) heart.
Liz wasn’t just a typical love interest. She was academically driven, passionate about environmental activism, and possessed a strong sense of justice. Harrier’s nuanced portrayal brought Liz to life, showcasing her depth beyond the typical damsel-in-distress archetype.
While Liz’s fate in the MCU remains open-ended, Harrier’s performance left a lasting impression. Her chemistry with Holland was undeniable, their interactions crackling with youthful energy and genuine affection.
Though Harrier hasn’t donned the Liz Allan persona since, fans continue to hold out hope for her return. Her portrayal proved that even within a superhero universe dominated by larger-than-life characters, a grounded and relatable character like Liz could shine. With the ever-expanding MCU, who knows what the future holds for Harrier and her potential return to the web-slinging world?
Laura Harrier Ahsoka
There’s a lot of buzz around Laura Harrier potentially playing Ahsoka Tano in live-action Star Wars projects, but as of today, December 15th, 2023, it’s just speculation and fan casting.
However, the idea has merit! Harrier’s striking resemblance to Ahsoka’s animated portrayal, particularly in her younger years, is undeniable. Additionally, her acting range, showcased in roles like Liz Allan in “Spider-Man: Homecoming” and Patrice Dumas in “BlacKkKlansman,” demonstrates the depth and nuance she could bring to the character.
While Rosario Dawson has already established herself as Ahsoka in live-action appearances like “The Mandalorian” and “The Book of Boba Fett,” the character’s rich history and potential for flashbacks or spin-offs leave room for Harrier to potentially take on the role in a different timeline or project.
Laura Harrier Zendaya
Laura Harrier and Zendaya, two rising stars in Hollywood, have often crossed paths in the public eye, drawing comparisons due to their shared space in the industry and their undeniable charisma.
Both actresses exude undeniable charm and grace, captivating audiences with their beauty and talent. Laura, known for her infectious smile and radiant presence, has graced red carpets and magazine covers, while Zendaya’s bold fashion choices and fierce confidence have made her a style icon.
Their acting talent is equally impressive. Laura has showcased her versatility, transitioning from the charming Liz Allan in “Spider-Man: Homecoming” to the fiery activist Patrice Dumas in “BlacKkKlansman.” Zendaya, on the other hand, has delivered award-winning performances, portraying Rue Bennett in “Euphoria” with raw vulnerability and Rue’s MJ in the “Spider-Man” franchise with wit and humor.
While their paths haven’t directly intersected on screen, both actresses have shared the spotlight in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Laura played Liz Allan in “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” while Zendaya took on the mantle of MJ in the subsequent films. This shared connection, though brief, has further fueled the comparisons between the two.
Laura Harrier And Alycia Debnam Carey
Laura Harrier and Alycia Debnam-Carey are both rising stars in Hollywood, captivating audiences with their talent and versatility. While their paths haven’t directly crossed yet, they share some intriguing similarities and distinct strengths that make them both forces to be reckoned with.
- Versatility: Both actresses shine in diverse roles. Harrier balances superhero action in “Spider-Man: Homecoming” with the historical drama of “BlacKkKlansman,” while Debnam-Carey effortlessly transitions from the post-apocalyptic world of “Fear the Walking Dead” to the quirky comedy of “Friend Zone.”
- Compelling Screen Presence: Both actresses possess a captivating charisma that draws viewers in. Harrier’s magnetic charm is evident in her portrayal of Liz Allan in “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” while Debnam-Carey’s fierce determination shines through as Alicia Clark in “Fear the Walking Dead.”
- Genre Focus: Harrier leans towards historical dramas and coming-of-age stories like “Hollywood,” while Debnam-Carey thrives in the realm of sci-fi, horror, and thrillers. This difference in genre preferences showcases their diverse skill sets.
- Character Portrayal: Harrier often portrays characters grappling with social issues and identity, while Debnam-Carey excels at portraying characters facing physical and emotional challenges in harsh environments. This highlights their unique strengths in character interpretation.
Laura Harrier Style
Laura Harrier’s style is a captivating blend of classic elegance and modern trends, often with a touch of vintage inspiration. Think Audrey Hepburn meets Rihanna, with a dash of New York City cool. On the red carpet, she stuns in glamorous gowns like her shimmering emerald Versace at the 2023 Met Gala or a sleek black Saint Laurent jumpsuit that exudes effortless chic. But off-duty, Laura’s style is more relaxed and playful. She rocks vintage denim with chunky boots and leather jackets, throws on a colorful floral maxi dress for a summer stroll, or keeps it casual in a pair of perfectly tailored joggers and a statement sweater. No matter what she wears, Laura Harrier does it with confidence and grace, making her a true fashion inspiration.
Laura Harrier Natural Hair
Laura Harrier is a champion of embracing her natural hair, rocking a variety of styles that showcase its beauty and versatility. From coils and kinks to twists and braids, she inspires confidence and individuality. Here’s a glimpse into her natural hair journey:
Embracing the Afro: Harrier often stuns with her natural coils, letting them shine in all their glory. Whether it’s a voluminous afro or a sleek, defined twist-out, she rocks it with confidence and grace.
Protective Styling: When it comes to maintaining her hair health, Harrier knows the power of protective styles. From chic cornrows and bantu knots to playful box braids and faux locs, she keeps her hair thriving while showcasing her creativity.
Versatility is Key: Harrier doesn’t shy away from experimenting. She’s rocked everything from a playful high ponytail to a romantic updo, proving that natural hair can be styled in endless ways.
Beyond the Hair: Harrier’s love for her natural hair extends beyond aesthetics. She’s an advocate for self-acceptance and encourages others to embrace their unique beauty. Her journey is an inspiration to many, reminding us that natural hair is a powerful statement of identity and pride.
Klay Thompson Laura Harrier Engaged|Dating
Laura Harrier and Klay Thompson are not engaged and not dating. They had a romantic relationship in the past, from 2018 to 2020, but it ended several years ago.
Here’s a timeline of their relationship:
- 2018: Laura and Klay are first spotted together at a Dodgers game, sparking dating rumors.
- 2019: The couple makes several public appearances, including attending the Vanity Fair Oscars after-party together.
- April 2019: Rumors of trouble surface, but the couple reconciles and are seen holding hands in Malibu.
- July 2020: Laura reportedly calls off the relationship, and they haven’t been seen together publicly since.
Harrier is currently engaged to French creative consultant Sam Jarou, whom she met in 2019.
Laura Harrier Boyfriend|Fiance
Laura Harrier is currently engaged to Sam Jarou, a French freelance creative consultant. They began dating in 2019 and announced their engagement in September 2022.
Jarou is known for his work in branding and creative direction and has collaborated with various brands and artists. While he keeps a relatively private profile, he often supports Harrier at events and can be seen in some of her social media posts.
Their relationship seems strong and supportive, with Harrier often praising Jarou for his intelligence, kindness, and sense of humor. They reside together in Los Angeles and enjoy spending time traveling, attending cultural events, and simply enjoying each other’s company.
While a wedding date hasn’t been officially announced, fans are eagerly awaiting their nuptials and hope to see Harrier’s elegant style and radiant personality shine on her special day.
Laura Harrier Height
Laura Harrier is estimated to be 5 feet 9 inches tall (1.75 meters). Additionally, her weight ranges from 121 pounds (55 kg) to 130 pounds (59 kg)
Laura Harrier Salary|Net Worth
Laura Harrier’s exact salary per project isn’t publicly disclosed, but her rising star status and diverse filmography suggest it’s steadily increasing. Her net worth, however, is estimated to be around $3 million to $5 million, accumulated through acting, brand endorsements, and savvy investments.
Here are some estimates of Laura Harrier’s salary and net worth:
- Salary per film: For major films, Harrier could be earning anywhere from $500,000 to $1 million or more, depending on the project and her role.
- Salary per TV episode: For popular television shows, Harrier could be earning around $25,000 to $50,000 per episode.
- Net worth: Estimates for Harrier’s net worth range from $3 million to $5 million
Is Laura Harrier Married
No, Laura Harrier is not married, but she is engaged! In September 2022, she got engaged to her French fiancé, Sam Jarou, during a romantic Parisian getaway. They’ve been dating since 2019 and seem deeply in love, often sharing glimpses of their adventures together on social media. While they haven’t announced a wedding date yet, we can’t wait to see this talented couple tie the knot!
How Old Is Laura Harrier
Laura Harrier was born on March 28, 1990, making her 33 years old. Unfortunately, details about Laura Harrier’s birthday celebrations remain private. She hasn’t shared any public posts or photos about how she marked her most recent birthday, and celebrities often prefer to keep such personal moments out of the spotlight.
Who Is Laura Harrier
Laura Harrier is a rising star in Hollywood, captivating audiences with her versatility and undeniable charisma. Born in Chicago in 1990, she started her career as a model before transitioning to acting, landing her breakout role as Liz Allan in 2017’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming.”
Harrier’s talent shines in diverse roles. She delivered a powerful performance as the activist Patrice Dumas in Spike Lee’s “BlacKkKlansman,” showcased her comedic timing as the love interest in “Hollywood,” and lent her voice to the animated character Karina in “Entergalactic.”
Beyond acting, Harrier is a fashion icon, known for her effortless style and love for embracing her natural hair. She’s an advocate for self-acceptance and inspires others to embrace their unique beauty.