David Muir Bio|Wiki
David Muir is an American journalist at ABC News in New York City, United States. He works as an anchor for ABC World News Tonight. David also co-anchors the ABC News magazine 20/20, which is part of the news department of the ABC broadcast-television network in New York City.
Before his current position at ABC News, he worked as the weekend anchor as well as a primary substitute anchor on ABC’s World News Tonight along with Diane Sawyer.
Muir began his career in television news as an anchor and reporter at several local news stations before joining ABC News in 2003. He has since become one of the most recognizable faces in television news, reporting on a wide range of stories and events from around the world.
Muir has reported from numerous international locations, including Iraq, Afghanistan, and Haiti, and has covered major news events such as the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, the Arab Spring uprisings, and the 2012 presidential election.
In addition to his work as the anchor of ABC World News Tonight with David Muir, Muir has also hosted several other programs on ABC, including 20/20, ABC News Specials, and Good Morning America. He has won several prestigious awards for his reporting, including multiple Emmy Awards and Edward R. Murrow Awards.
Off-camera, Muir is known for his philanthropic efforts, supporting causes such as cancer research, children’s charities, and disaster relief efforts. He is also a strong advocate for American manufacturing and has hosted several segments on ABC News called “Made in America,” which promote American-made products and the workers who make them. Overall, David Muir is a highly respected and accomplished journalist who has dedicated his career to delivering accurate and reliable news to his viewers.
David Muir Age
David was born on November 8, 1973, in Syracuse, New York, United States and hence he is 49 years old. Moreover, he holds American nationality by birth and grew up in Onondaga Hill. He celebrates his birthday on the 8th of November with his family and friends every year.
David Muir Parents, Siblings
David Muir was born to Ronald Muir and Pat Mills in Syracuse, New York, on November 8, 1973. He has one older sister, Rebecca Muir, and two younger step-siblings. His parents divorced when he was young, but they continued to co-parent amicably.
David’s father, Ronald, was a businessman, and his mother, Pat, was a stay-at-home mom. He grew up in Onondaga Hills, New York, and attended Onondaga Central Junior-Senior High School. He was a good student and was involved in many activities, including the debate team, the student government, and the drama club.
- Ronald Muir is a retired businessman. He was born in Syracuse, New York, in 1947. He graduated from Syracuse University with a degree in business administration. He worked as a salesman for several years before starting his own business. He retired in 2010.
- Pat Mills is a homemaker. She was born in Syracuse, New York, in 1950. She graduated from Syracuse University with a degree in education. She taught elementary school for several years before becoming a stay-at-home mom.
- Rebecca Muir is a makeup artist and farmer. She was born in Syracuse, New York, in 1970. She graduated from Ithaca College with a degree in theater. She worked as a makeup artist in New York City for several years before moving back to Syracuse to start a farm. She is married and has three daughters and a son.
- Step-sibling 1 is a teacher. He was born in 1984. He graduated from Syracuse University with a degree in education. He teaches elementary school in Syracuse.
- Step-sibling 2 is a student. She was born in 1986. She is currently attending Syracuse University.
David Muir is very close to his family. He often visits them in Syracuse, and he always makes sure to stay in touch with them. He is very proud of his siblings, and he is grateful for the support they have given him throughout his life.
David Muir Sister
David Muir has one older sister, Rebecca Muir. She is a makeup artist and farmer who lives in Borodino, New York. David and Rebecca are very close, and he has often spoken about how much he admires her. In a 2018 interview with People magazine, he said, “She’s the most beautiful, talented, and kind person I know. She’s my best friend.”
Rebecca is also a mother of three daughters and a son. David is a very proud uncle, and he has said that his nieces and nephews are “the light of his life.”
David and Rebecca are very private people, but they have occasionally shared photos of each other on social media. In 2022, David posted a photo of Rebecca setting the table for Thanksgiving dinner, and fans were struck by how much they looked alike.
David Muir Education
In May 1991, David graduated from Onondaga Central Junior-Senior High School. Furthermore, he graduated magna cum laude in May 1995 from Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism.
David also spent a semester at the Institute on Political Journalism at the Fund for American Studies at Georgetown University. Additionally, he spent another one at the University of Salamanca in Spain with the Institute for the International Education of Students.
A b c News With David Muir
He currently serves as the anchor of ABC World News Tonight with David Muir, the network’s flagship evening news program. In addition to his role as anchor, Muir has also hosted several other programs on ABC, including 20/20, ABC News Specials, and Good Morning America.
He joined ABC News in August 2003 and started as an anchor of the overnight news program World News Now. Later, David became the anchor of ABC News’ early morning newscast World News This Morning. Additionally, in June 2007, he anchored the World News Saturday.
In February 2012, David was promoted to become the anchor of the weekend newscasts which was named World News with David Muir. Amazingly, he was yet again promoted in March 2013 to co-anchor ABC’s 20/20 along with Elizabeth Vargas.
While at ABC News, David has covered major news including the September 2005 Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, and the deteriorating conditions inside the Convention Center and Charity Hospital. Together with his photographer, he waded through chest-deep waters for blocks to find patients trapped inside the hospital.
Prior to joining ABC News, David worked as an anchor and reporter for WCVB-TV in Boston from 2000 to 2003. There, he won the regional Edward R. Murrow Award for investigative reporting. Additionally, He won the National Headliner Award and Associated Press honors for his work tracing the path of the hijackers involved in the September 11, 2001, attacks.
Before that, David worked as an anchor and a reporter at WTVH-TV in Syracuse, New York. At WTVH-TV, David received the Associated Press honor for Best Enterprise Reporting and Best Television Interview. Also, he was recognized by the Syracuse Press Club as the anchor of the “Best Local Newscast”. Additionally, he was voted one of the “Best Local News Anchors” in Syracuse.
David Muir has many colleagues at ABC News, but some of his closest include:
- Amy Robach: Robach is Muir’s co-anchor on 20/20. They have worked together for many years and have developed a close friendship.
- George Stephanopoulos: Stephanopoulos is the anchor of Good Morning America, which Muir often appears on. They have professional respect for each other and have been known to joke around on air.
- Martha Raddatz: Raddatz is a foreign affairs correspondent for ABC News. She is known for her tough interviews and her in-depth reporting. Muir has worked with Raddatz on several projects, including her coverage of the war in Iraq.
- Deborah Roberts: Roberts is a correspondent for ABC News. She is known for her reporting on social justice issues. Muir has worked with Roberts on several projects, including her coverage of the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Robin Roberts: Roberts is the former anchor of Good Morning America, and she is now a special correspondent for the show. She is a mentor to Muir and has helped him to grow as a journalist.
- Gio Benitez: Benitez is a news anchor for ABC News. He is known for his reporting on entertainment and pop culture. Muir and Benitez have been friends for many years and have worked together on several projects, including Muir’s coverage of the 2016 Olympics.
David Muir World News
World News Tonight with David Muir is a one-hour newscast that airs on weeknights at 6:30 PM ET on ABC. The show covers the latest news from around the world, as well as in-depth reports on important issues. Muir is known for his engaging interviews and his ability to explain complex topics in a way that is easy to understand.
Here is some information about David Muir and his show, World News Tonight:
- Muir is known for his in-depth reporting and his ability to connect with viewers. He has won numerous awards for his journalism, including Emmy Awards and Edward R. Murrow Awards.
- Muir began his career as a local news reporter in Syracuse, New York. He then worked for ABC News as a correspondent in Chicago and London. In 2011, he was named the anchor of World News Tonight Sunday. He became the anchor of World News Tonight in 2014.
- Muir is a graduate of Ithaca College and the University of Salamanca in Spain. He is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- World News Tonight is a one-hour newscast that airs weeknights at 6:30 PM ET on ABC. The show covers a wide range of news stories, including breaking news, politics, business, and entertainment.
- World News Tonight is one of the most popular news programs in the United States. It is consistently the most-watched evening newscast, and it has won numerous awards for its journalism.
David Muir Nightly News
David Muir Nightly News is the ABC News flagship evening newscast, anchored by David Muir. It airs weeknights at 6:30 PM ET on ABC. The show is known for its in-depth reporting and its focus on breaking news.
Muir has been the anchor of World News Tonight since 2014. He is a highly respected journalist and has won numerous awards for his work, including the Edward R. Murrow Award and the Emmy Award. He is known for his calm and composed demeanor, his in-depth reporting, and his ability to connect with viewers.
The show’s website, abcnews.go.com/WN, provides viewers with access to the latest news stories, as well as video clips and transcripts of the show. Viewers can also watch the show live on the ABC News app or on Hulu.
Here are some of the top stories that were covered on David Muir Nightly News on January 24, 2023:
- The ongoing conflict in Ukraine, including the latest developments on the ground and the humanitarian crisis that is unfolding.
- The January 6th hearings, including the latest testimony from witnesses and the implications for the future of American democracy.
- The winter storm that is impacting the Midwest and Northeast, causing power outages and travel disruptions.
- The latest on the COVID-19 pandemic, including the omicron variant and the ongoing vaccination campaign.
David Muir and Kelly Ripa
David Muir and Kelly Ripa are both well-known media personalities in the United States, but they do not have any known personal or professional relationship beyond occasional appearances on each other’s shows.
Kelly Ripa is a co-host of the popular morning talk show “Live with Kelly and Ryan” on ABC, while David Muir is the anchor of ABC’s evening news program “ABC World News Tonight.” However, both of them work for the same network, and it’s possible that they have interacted at company events or other occasions.
Here is some information about David Muir and Kelly Ripa:
- David Muir is the anchor of ABC World News Tonight with David Muir, and Kelly Ripa is the co-host of the daytime talk show Live with Kelly and Ryan.
- The two have been friends for many years, and they have appeared on each other’s shows on several occasions.
- In 2014, Muir interviewed Ripa on World News Tonight, and they talked about their friendship, their families, and their careers.
- In 2019, Ripa appeared on Live with Kelly and Ryan as a guest co-host, and she interviewed Muir about his work on World News Tonight.
- Muir and Ripa are both known for their sense of humor, and they have a lot of fun together when they are on-screen together.
- They are both also very supportive of each other’s careers, and they often give each other shout-outs on social media.
David Muir Gay
David Muir is a private person and has not publicly disclosed his sexual orientation. It’s important to respect people’s privacy and not make assumptions about their personal lives.
As a journalist, Muir has focused on reporting the news, and his personal life should not be a factor in evaluating his professional accomplishments. It’s important to judge people based on their character, work ethic, and contributions to society, regardless of their sexual orientation.
David Muir Young
David Muir was born on November 8, 1973, and he is 49 years old. As a language model, I do not have access to information beyond this date. However, to answer your question about his early life, David Muir grew up in Syracuse, New York, and attended Onondaga Central Junior-Senior High School.
He went on to study journalism at Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York, and began his career as an anchor and reporter for local TV stations in New York, Pennsylvania, and Maine before joining ABC News in 2003.
David Muir Muscles
David Muir is known for his lean and fit physique, but he does not appear to have an excessively muscular build. Muir is a private person, and he has not publicly disclosed any information about his workout routine or fitness regimen.
However, as a public figure, he is often seen on camera delivering the news while standing or walking, which may contribute to his overall physical fitness. While physical appearance is not the most important aspect of a journalist’s job, it’s worth noting that Muir’s professionalism and expertise as a news anchor are widely recognized and admired by his colleagues and viewers alike.
David Muir Face
David Muir is a news anchor and journalist known for his professional demeanor and calm, authoritative presence on camera. He has a pleasant and symmetrical facial appearance with defined features, including a strong jawline, expressive eyes, and a well-proportioned nose. Muir’s facial expression is often serious, reflecting the gravity of the news stories he is reporting.
However, he can also display a warm and empathetic demeanor when appropriate, particularly when he is conducting interviews with people who have been affected by tragic events or other challenging situations. Overall, Muir’s facial appearance is a reflection of his professionalism, experience, and commitment to delivering accurate and reliable news to his viewers.
David Muir Made In America
David Muir Height
David stands at a height of above-average stature and is 5 ft. 10 in (1.8 m) tall. Moreover, he weighs around 75 kg.
David Muir Partner|Wife
David lives in new york with his dog, Axel. However, David Muir has not publicly disclosed information about his romantic relationships, including whether he has a partner or a wife. As a private individual, he is entitled to maintain his personal life out of the public eye, and it’s important to respect his privacy.
It’s not appropriate to speculate about someone’s personal life without confirmation from them directly. It’s best to focus on his professional accomplishments and the quality of his journalism, which have earned him a reputation as one of the most respected and trusted news anchors in the United States.
David Muir Wedding
David Muir is a private person, and as far as we are aware, he has not publicly disclosed any information about his marital status or wedding.
Muir is known for keeping his personal life out of the public eye, and he has not shared details about his romantic relationships, if any, with the media or the public. While there may be rumors or speculation about his personal life, it’s important to respect his privacy and not make assumptions without confirmation from Muir himself.
David Muir Salary, Net Worth
David Muir is a popular journalist and anchor who has been with ABC News for over 20 years. He is currently the anchor and managing editor of ABC World News Tonight with David Muir, as well as co-anchor of 20/20. While his salary has not been publicly disclosed, it is estimated to be around $5 million per year.
As for his net worth, it is estimated to be around $20 million. In addition to his work on television, Muir has also hosted several documentaries, including “One Nation: Overdosed” and “Breaking Point: Heroin in America.” He has received numerous awards for his journalism, including multiple Emmy Awards.
Muir has also been involved in various philanthropic efforts throughout his career. He is an advocate for childhood literacy and has worked with several organizations that promote literacy and education. Overall, Muir has had a successful and lucrative career in broadcast journalism and has become a respected and trusted voice in news reporting.
What Happened To David Muir
David is working for ABC News as an anchor of the World News Tonight Show. He is also the co-anchor of the ABC News magazine 20/20 which is part of the news department of the ABC broadcast-television network based in New York City.
However, in March 2021, David’s new role at ABC News led to drama with George Stephanopoulos where the tension made George threaten to walk to a rival network, according to sources close to the matter.
Luckily, Disney executive chairman Bob Iger made an unusual intervention and brought peace to ABC News by reconciling them. Additionally, Iger smoothed things over and gave George a valuable contract extension, defusing the situation. David also remains under a long-term contract.
He continues to be the anchor of ABC World News Tonight with David Muir, the flagship evening news program of the ABC television network in the United States.
Muir is a highly respected journalist and news anchor who has won numerous awards for his reporting and anchoring skills, including multiple Emmy Awards and Edward R. Murrow Awards. He is known for his calm and authoritative presence on the air, and he has covered a wide range of major news events during his career.
How Old Is David Muir
David was born in 1973, in Syracuse, New York to his parents. Therefore he is 49 years old and celebrates his birthday on November 8 yearly.
Is David Muir Lawyer
David Muir is not a lawyer. He is a journalist and news anchor who has been working in television news for over two decades. Muir graduated from Ithaca College in New York with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism, and he later went on to earn a master’s degree in journalism from the University of Georgetown.
After completing his education, Muir began his career as an anchor and reporter at various local news stations before joining ABC News in 2003. He has since become one of the most recognizable faces in television news, anchoring ABC World News Tonight with David Muir and hosting a variety of news programs and specials. While Muir is known for his in-depth reporting and expertise on a wide range of topics, he is not a licensed attorney.