Joe Fryer Bio|Wiki
Joe Fryer is an American journalist working for NBC News as a West Coast correspondent based at the NBC News West Coast Bureau in Universal City, California. He reports for all platforms of NBC News including Today, NBC Nightly News, and MSNBC.
Fryer joined NBC News in 2013 as a part-time correspondent and officially joined NBC News as a full-time correspondent on October 21, 2013. Before coming to NBC Fryer was a reporter for KING-TV the NBC affiliate in Seattle, Washington. Fryer has worked for KARE-TV in Minneapolis, Minnesota, WTVF-TV in Nashville, Tennessee, WBAY-TV, in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and WKYT-TV in Lexington, Kentucky.
In 2014, Fryer won an Emmy with photojournalist Jeff Christian in the category of “Feature News Report.” He also won in the writing category for his composite “Fryer’s Favorite Features.”
Fryer is a graduate of the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University. He is openly gay and married to his husband, Peter.
Here are some of his notable stories:
- He covered the 2014 Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
- He reported on the 2016 presidential election and the 2018 midterm elections.
- He has covered mass shootings in San Bernardino, Las Vegas, and Parkland.
- He has reported on the COVID-19 pandemic and the George Floyd protests.
Joe Fryer Age
Joe Fryer was born on July 29, 1977, in California, United States of America. Therefore, he is 46 years old.
Joe Fryer Family
Joe Fryer was born to his wonderful parents in California, United States of America. However, he has not revealed any details concerning his family. It is unknown if he has any siblings or parents.
Joe Fryer Education
Joe Fryer graduated from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. The Medill School is one of the most prestigious journalism schools in the United States, and Fryer’s education there prepared him well for his successful career as a journalist.
While at Northwestern, Fryer studied under some of the country’s leading journalism educators, and he gained valuable experience working for the school’s student newspaper, The Daily Northwestern. He also had the opportunity to intern at several top news organizations, including the Chicago Tribune and the Associated Press.
Fryer’s education at Northwestern gave him the skills and knowledge he needed to be a successful journalist. He learned how to report accurately and fairly, write clear and concise stories, and interview people from all walks of life. He also developed a strong understanding of the media industry and the role of journalism in society.
Joe Fryer Today Show
Joe Fryer is a correspondent for NBC News and a regular contributor to the Today Show. He often reports on a variety of topics, including breaking news, politics, and human-interest stories.
On the Today Show, Fryer is known for his engaging personality and his ability to explain complex topics in a way that is easy to understand. He is also a skilled interviewer and has interviewed a wide range of people, including politicians, celebrities, and everyday people.
Fryer is a valuable asset to the Today Show team and his contributions are appreciated by viewers. He is a respected journalist and a role model for young journalists.
Fryer has also interviewed a number of high-profile guests on the Today show, including:
- President Joe Biden
- Vice President Kamala Harris
- Dr. Anthony Fauci
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy, President of Ukraine
- Beto O’Rourke, Democratic candidate for governor of Texas
- Matthew McConaughey, actor and activist
Joe Fryer NBC News
Fryer is a correspondent for Today, Weekend Today, NBC Nightly News, and MSNBC. He covers a wide range of news topics, including breaking news, long-form stories, human-interest stories, and political coverage
Prior to joining NBC News, Fryer was a reporter for KING-TV, the NBC affiliate in Seattle, Washington. He has also worked for KARE-TV in Minneapolis, Minnesota, WTVF-TV in Nashville, Tennessee, WBAY-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and WKYT-TV in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Winning an Emmy Award in 2014 for “Feature News Report”
- Winning an Emmy Award in 2014 for “writing category for his composite ‘Fryer’s Favorite Features'”
- Won an Emmy in 2014 with photojournalist Jeff Christian in the category of “Feature News Report”
- Won the Emmy for writing in 2014 for his composite “Fryer’s Favorite Features”
What He Has Covered over the course of his career
- The 2014 Ebola outbreak in West Africa
- The 2016 presidential election and the 2018 midterm elections
- Mass shootings in San Bernardino, Las Vegas, and Parkland
- The COVID-19 pandemic
- The George Floyd protests
Here are some of his colleagues at NBC News and their roles:
- Lester Holt – Anchor, NBC Nightly News
- Savannah Guthrie – Co-anchor, Today
- Hoda Kotb – Co-anchor, Today
- Al Roker – Co-anchor, Today
- Craig Melvin – Anchor, Today 3rd Hour of Today
- Sheinelle Jones – Co-anchor, Today 3rd Hour of Today
- Willie Geist – Co-anchor, Sunday Today
- Morgan Radford – Co-anchor, Weekend Today
- Peter Alexander – Chief White House Correspondent
- Kelly O’Donnell – Senior White House Correspondent
- Andrea Mitchell – Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent
- Hallie Jackson – Anchor, MSNBC Live
- Katy Tur – Anchor, MSNBC Reports
- Brian Williams – Anchor, MSNBC 11th Hour
- Chuck Todd – Anchor, Meet the Press
Joe Fryer Height
We can’t find any publicly available information about Joe Fryer’s height. However, based on his photos, he appears to be of average height and build.
Joe Fryer Husband
Joe Fryer is married to his husband, Peter. They met in 2008 through mutual friends and have been together ever since. They got engaged in 2014 and married in 2015 in a small ceremony in California. Fryer and Peter do not have any children together. Peter is a software engineer at a tech company in Los Angeles. He is also a supportive partner to Fryer and his career.
Joe Fryer Salary|Net Worth
Joe Fryer serves as a correspondent for NBC News, contributing to the network’s news coverage. Reports suggest that he commands an annual salary ranging from $80,000 to $200,000 for his role at NBC News. Beyond his salary, Fryer has accumulated a notable net worth, which is estimated to fall within the range of $1 million to $5 million.
It’s important to note that these figures are approximations and can be subject to change based on various factors, including contract negotiations, career developments, and financial investments. Fryer’s work as a correspondent involves reporting on a variety of news topics, and his contributions to NBC News have likely played a role in shaping both his professional standing and financial profile.
Is Joe Fryer Married
Yes, Joe Fryer is married to his husband, Peter. They have been together for over 11 years. Fryer is openly gay and has spoken about the importance of visibility for LGBTQ+ people. In a 2019 interview with NBC News, he said, “Visibility is vital because it lets people know that they’re not alone.”
Fryer and Peter live together in Los Angeles, California. They are a loving and supportive couple, and they are often seen together at public events. Fryer has said that Peter is his biggest fan and his best friend.
Where Is Joe Fryer
Before joining NBC, Fryer was a reporter for KING-TV the NBC affiliate in Seattle, Washington. He has also worked for KARE-TV in Minneapolis, Minnesota, WTVF-TV in Nashville, Tennessee, WBAY-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and WKYT-TV in Lexington, Kentucky.
How Old Is Joe Fryer
Joe Fryer is an American journalist working for NBC News and was born on July 29, 1977, in California, United States of America. He is 46 years old and celebrates his birthday every year with family and friends.