Allyson Rae Bio|Wiki
Allyson Rae is an American meteorologist from the United States. She is currently working as a chief meteorologist at NBC2 in Fort Myers, Florida. Prior to joining NBC2, she worked for ABC7 and NBC2 from 2010 to 2014. She also worked for a CBS-affiliated television station, WUSA9, in Washington DC as a weekday morning meteorologist for 3 years. During her time at WUSA9, she covered the Blizzard of 2016, one of the largest snow events in the region.
In 2022, she was awarded the National Weather Service’s Weather Ready Nation Media Award for her outstanding work in preparing the community for Hurricane Ian. This award recognizes media outlets and individuals who help to raise public awareness about weather hazards and promote preparedness.
Here’s a quick summary of her career:
- Current role: Chief Meteorologist at NBC2 in Fort Myers, Florida
- Tenure: October 2017 – Present (6 years and 4 months)
- Previous experience:
- Morning Meteorologist at WUSA9 in Washington D.C. (2014-2017)
- Morning Meteorologist at WZVN ABC7 (2010-2014)
- Meteorologist at WSFA 12 News (2007-2010)
- Weekend Meteorologist at KNOE-TV8 (2007)
- Awards: National Weather Service’s Weather Ready Nation Media Award (2022)
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Meteorology from the University of Florida
Allyson Rae Age
Allyson Rae was born in 1985, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in the United States. She is a 39-year-old.
Allyson Rae Family
She was born to her parents and also raised in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, details regarding her family, including information about her parents and siblings, remain undisclosed at the moment. Stay tuned for updates, as we are committed to providing the latest information as soon as it becomes available.
Allyson Rae Education
Allyson Rae earned her bachelor’s degree in meteorology from Pennsylvania State University. She also holds the American Meteorology Society’s Certified Broadcast Meteorologist Seal.
Allyson Rae Nbc2
Allyson Rae is the Chief Meteorologist at NBC2 in Fort Myers, Florida. She has been with NBC2 since October 2017. Prior to that, she worked as a morning meteorologist at WUSA9 in Washington D.C. and WZVN ABC7 in Naples, Florida. She also has experience as a meteorologist at WSFA 12 News in Montgomery, Alabama and KNOE-TV8 in Monroe, Louisiana.
Here are some of her highlights:
- Covered major weather events: Allyson has covered a variety of weather events throughout her career, including the Blizzard of 2016 in Washington D.C., Hurricane Michael in 2018, and Hurricane Ian in 2022.
- Passionate about meteorology: Allyson is passionate about meteorology and enjoys sharing her knowledge with the community. She is active on social media and frequently gives presentations to schools and community groups.
- Community advocate: Allyson is a strong advocate for her community and is involved in a number of charitable organizations.
Awards and Recognition:
- Emmy Award nominee for Outstanding Weathercast
- National Weather Association “Seal of Approval”
Allyson Rae Weather|Meteorologist
Allyson Rae’s meteorological career span over 14 years. Currently, she serves as the Chief Meteorologist at NBC2 in Fort Myers, Florida. Before joining NBC2, she contributed her expertise to ABC7 and NBC2 from 2010 to 2014. In addition, Allyson spent three years as a weekday morning meteorologist at WUSA9, a CBS-affiliated television station in Washington D.C.
Notably, during her tenure at WUSA9, she covered the significant Blizzard of 2016, a major snow event in the region. Allyson’s professional journey also includes roles at WSFA 12 News as a meteorologist and KNOE-TV8 as a weekend meteorologist.
Chief Meteorologist, NBC2 (Hearst Television), Fort Myers, Florida Area (October 2017 – Present): Rae leads the NBC2 weather team and is responsible for delivering weather forecasts on-air and online. She has also been instrumental in developing and implementing new weather technology at the station.
Morning Meteorologist, WUSA-TV (Washington D.C. Metro Area), October 2014 – October 2017: Rae covered the Washington D.C. area for WUSA-TV, including the significant Blizzard of 2016.
Morning Meteorologist, WZVN ABC7 (AM Weekday), October 2010 – October 2014: Rae provided weather forecasts for the Tampa Bay area on WZVN ABC7.
Meteorologist, WSFA 12 News, June 2007 – September 2010: Rae covered the Montgomery, Alabama area for WSFA 12 News.
Weekend Meteorologist, KNOE-TV8, May 2007 – June 2007: Rae began her career as a weekend meteorologist at KNOE-TV8 in Monroe, Louisiana.
Allyson Rae has a total of 14 years of experience in meteorology.
|Fort Myers, Florida Area
|Washington D.C. Metro Area
|WSFA 12 News
Allyson Rae Hurricane Ian
She is known for her accurate and informative weather forecasts, as well as her calm and reassuring demeanor during severe weather events. Allyson Rae was indeed recognized for her exceptional work in preparing the Fort Myers community for Hurricane Ian in 2022. Earning the National Weather Service’s Weather Ready Nation Media Award is a significant honor, and it speaks volumes about her dedication to public safety and her ability to effectively communicate complex weather information.
Here are some details about her contributions:
- Early and accurate forecasts: Rae provided clear and timely forecasts in the days leading up to Hurricane Ian, helping residents understand the storm’s potential impact and make informed decisions.
- Effective communication: She used various platforms to communicate the severity of the storm, including TV broadcasts, social media, and community events. She explained complex weather phenomena in a way that was easy for the public to understand and emphasized the importance of preparedness measures.
- Collaboration with emergency officials: Rae worked closely with local emergency management agencies to ensure that the community had access to the latest information and resources.
- Calming presence: During the storm itself, Rae maintained a calm and reassuring demeanor on air, providing valuable updates and support to the community.
Her efforts undoubtedly helped to save lives and minimize damage from Hurricane Ian. Her recognition by the National Weather Service is a well-deserved tribute to her exceptional service.
Allyson Rae Height
Allyson Rae she stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches (1.72 m) and maintains a weight of approximately 65 kilograms. These physical measurements contribute to her well-rounded and balanced appearance. Her height of 5’8″ provides a graceful stature, complemented by a weight of 65 kg, underscoring her commitment to a healthy and active lifestyle.
Allyson Rae Husband|Wedding
Allyson Rae is a Chief Meteorologist at NBC2 in Fort Myers, Florida. She is married to her husband Dan, and they exchanged vows in a private wedding ceremony held in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. The couple has two chidren. Additionally, they share a Corgi dog named Ybor, named after Ybor City near where they adopted him.
Allyson Rae Salary|Net Worth
According to salary.com, the average salary for a Chief Meteorologist in Florida is around $91,000 per year. However, salaries can vary significantly based on experience, location, and station size. For a major market like Fort Myers, and with Rae’s extensive experience and national recognition, her salary could be considerably higher, potentially reaching six figures.
Hearst Television is a large media company known for offering competitive salaries and benefits to its employees. This suggests that Rae’s salary is likely at the higher end of the range for Chief Meteorologists.
Allyson Rae’s Net Worth:
- Salary: Assuming a conservative salary estimate of $100,000 per year, and considering her 6 years as Chief Meteorologist, Rae’s gross earnings from NBC2 alone could be around $600,000.
- Previous Roles: Her prior experience at other stations would add to her total earnings.
- Other Income: It’s possible that Rae has additional sources of income, such as endorsements, public speaking engagements, or book deals.
Combining these factors, Allyson Rae’s net worth could be in the range of hundreds of thousands, potentially reaching or exceeding $1 million.
Is Allyson Rae Married
Yes, Allyson Rae is married to her husband Dan. They exchanged vows in a private wedding ceremony held in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. The pair were married in the Tampa Bay area before Allyson left for Washington D.C. They share a Corgi dog named Ybor, named after Ybor City near where they adopted him.
Where Is Allyson Rae
She is currently working as a chief meteorologist at NBC2 in Fort Myers, Florida. Prior to joining NBC2, she held roles as a morning meteorologist at WUSA9 in Washington D.C. and at WZVN ABC7, as well as a meteorologist at WSFA 12 News and KNOE-TV8.
How Old Is Allyson Rae
Allyson Rae was born in 1985, making her 39 years old. Her birthday celebration likely occurs annually, marking the occasion of her birth in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in the United States. While specific details about her birthday festivities are not provided, it can be inferred that she celebrates this significant milestone in her hometown or possibly with friends and family.